Thursday, March 15, 2012

Heaven on Earth

   Yesterday I was out with my new friend, Ming, wandering the neighborhood. Ming decided to show me how to find old food at Sonic. When we were nearing our destination, he warned me to walk as silently as possible. Quietly, we darted across the street and hid behind a dumpster. Ming nudged a piece of wood to the side. And there, I am convinced, was heaven on earth. There were old hamburgers, french fries, onion rings, and, best of all, raw sausage! While devouring the food, Ming informed me that every few dark periods (days) the dumpster is refilled with food. Just as he finished talking we heard footsteps in the distance. Ming and I dashed out from behind the dumpster. But just as I was escaping, my collar got caught on a hook. I tried to yank free but  I could not. The footsteps were getting closer and closer. Ming ran over and bit my collar off so that I could finally run to safety. True, I lost my collar, but it saved me from getting into big trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment