Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pippa The Feline

  It all started a few weeks ago when the neighbors came over holding a gray and a white feline. I freaked out. I, Sarge, had to defend Rule 1 of my Code of Conduct: "Neither feline nor squirrel shall ever cross the property line of Sarge The Dog and must be exterminated." Staying true to the Code, I went berserk. The fur on my back stood up as I showed my smooth, razor-sharp teeth to the cat, along with my deep manly growl. There was something strange about the feline, though. Instead of running away in fright, she did not give a "milk bone" but instead started purring! I was immensely perplexed.

                                 

  Later, after the neighbors left with the cat, the family gave me startling news: they were going to adopt the cat. My heart stopped. Another CAT! It was already bad enough handling Patches, but another one...!

   The next day, the family went across the street to pick up the feline. A few minutes later, they came back with the cat. The family decided to name her Pippa. Later, when it was time to eat, Pippa's bowl was next to mine. Then, when I was not looking, she stole my food! I was flabbergasted! Luckily, I caught her before she ate all of it. She claimed that she didn't realize that it was my food. After dinner, I went upstairs to the girls' bed and for a snooze. All of sudden, Pippa hopped onto the bed with me! Maybe this cat is not that bad after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment