Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Snowmageddon!

Last week early in the morning white, fluffy stuff started to fall from the sky. After a couple of sleeps (about 90 minutes) enough white fluff had fallen to cover my legs. This caused a real problem for Patches, since she is small and now the white fluff had probably almost completely covered her. The whole family was sitting around the warm fireplace, when Jeremiah, who takes care of the evil one (aka Patches), discovered that she was missing. He checked around the house, but could not find her. Suddenly Jeremiah realized that Patches was still outside in the snow. He bundled up to go outside into the -10° degree weather. Scouring the whole front yard and backyard for Patches, he did not find her. I thought maybe what he needed was some canine nose sensors. As soon as I trotted I realized that Jeremiah could find Patch by himself and that I was cold. Just as I was going inside, Jeremiah found Patches. I darted over to where he was trying to reach a cold cat, which was caught between two narrow fences. He could not reach Patches, because his arm was a little too short. At first I was sort of glad. Now that she was stuck, there was now way she could swat me with her sharp claws again. But then I realized that a dog would do the right thing. I gathered enough courage to go right between the fences and pick up Patches by the scruff of her neck. Of course she tried to swat me, but I tried to ignore her. I had done the right thing: she had escaped certain death in the snow and I had brought her into the house where she was warm and safe. I just hope she will remember my generosity!

2 comments: