Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Tomato Strikes Again

   Yesterday at about 16 naps before dusk (12 PM) the whole family was talking about a big storm that could cause a "tomato" (tornado). I was really scared because a giant tomato could cause the roof to fall onto my head. The family was bringing some stuff down to our basement and I guess they were planning to get away from a collapsing roof as far as possible.
   About six hours later I heard a loud siren noise that tells everybody to get into a tomato shelter. The whole family except me went down to the basement. That dark hole underground is the only place in the whole house I just cannot bring myself to go to. It has something to do with a traumatic puppy experience. Anyway, some neighbors came over to seek shelter at our house. As if that wasn't enough, another family arrived with their two dogs and their EVIL cat. Luckily the owners had sedated the dogs and the cat, but the sedation wore off way too fast. Everybody stayed down in the basement for about two hours before they finally came upstairs. Funny enough they didn't seem to be scared down there and I even heard laughter.
It rained hard, but luckily no tomato ever hit us or any of our neighbors and I am pretty thankful for that. Now I really need to schedule an appointment with a dog psychiatrist to overcome my basement phobia. I do not want to miss another tomato party.

3 comments:

  1. Glad the tomato didn't come to your house. They leave a horrible scene in their wake. : (

    ~Edith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Edith! I used to live in Kansas, and tornados can get scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Sarge! I really like your blog! I'm glad the tomato missed Tulsa. Tomatoes can really be messy! Basements are scary, too... but good to have one "on hand" when needed.

    ReplyDelete