Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Dog Scouts

   These past few days Jeremiah has been talking about joining a organization just for boys. At first I thought he said "Joy Scouts." Thinking it was a group of people that search for joy, I reported the news to Budd the dog across the street. He said I misheard and Jeremiah is becoming a Boy Scout, not a "Joy Scout" and they do not look for joy. I asked him how he knew all this. He said that in his old family one of the sons was also a Boy Scout. According to Budd, the Boy Scouts go camping, hiking, rock climbing, and stuff like that. But then he told me they also go fishing, which means they get to eat lots of meat! I sure wished there were Dog Scouts so us dogs could do fun stuff like having eating contests, fishing, doing digging competitions, and playing tug-of-war. Maybe one day there will be the D.S.A. (Dog Scouts of America). Until then I will just listen to Jeremiah's stories of being a Scout.

2 comments:

  1. Well, Sarge, I think you are onto two very good ideas - the world could really use both Joy Scouts and Dog Scouts. I'll bet the Joy Scouts could find some joy playing with the Dog Scouts!

    ~Edith : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Joy Scouts and Dog Scouts would be splendid ideas! Sarge, maybe you should start a Dog Scout group with Budd?

    ReplyDelete