Thursday, April 28, 2011

'Twas the Night Before Easter

   I was just settling down for a Easter snooze when I thought the world was going to end. Little balls of white, icy stuff came falling out of the sky and making a ruckus on the roof. At first I thought they were big raindrops, but when I looked outside the balls were all over the place. Fearfully I dashed under the table for protection. Thankfully it stopped after ten minutes.

The size of the ice balls. Unfortunately it was kind of dark.
   After the tormenting balls went away I went back to bed for a Easter snooze. After a while I heard feline hissing and meowing in our sun room. I walked over to the glass door and could not believe my tired eyes.  A foreign cat!  Our cat Patches was chasing the other cat out of the sun room. After I was sure the cat was gone I went back to bed.


   After a short Easter snooze I was barbarously wakened up by chirping in the sun room again. I sluggishly sauntered over to the glass door. now i know why the strange cat was in the sun room. A little cardinal with a broken wing was in there. I was just to tired to care.


Happy Belated Easter


P.S. The rabbit I talked about two weeks ago went home - Thankfully

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Sarge, that was quite a night. You still sound a bit on the tired side! It's too bad Easter is such a busy time of year - can make it harder to remember what it's all about.

    Good thing that rabbit went home. ; )

    ~Edith

    ReplyDelete